The majority of Communications Technologies, Inc.’s work is with commercial AM, FM and television broadcast stations. The firm has clients in all 50 states but has also developed custom medium wave antenna systems at several locations in the Middle East and has undertaken facility design work for stations located in the Caribbean. Clients range from small owner/operator facilities to the largest group owners.
Broadcast engineering services regularly provided to clients include:
- Allocation studies to determine the viability of a new station or upgrade in coverage for an existing facility.
- Design of custom directional and non-directional antenna systems to meet rigid allocation restrictions.
- Antenna system bandwidth optimization for HDTV and IBOC operation.
- Preparation of engineering portions of FCC Application for Construction Permit and License.
- Antenna system installation and testing specifications are developed for each project. Installation supervision and adjustments are offered throughout the U.S. and abroad by an experienced, trusted, select group of engineers who partner with CTI as subcontractors, operating under the firm’s direction, allowing timely and quality project implementation at reasonable cost.
As an aid to interested parties, more detailed information may be found elsewhere on this site and in the download library. It should be noted that informational memos are for general information purposes only and cannot be relied upon to cover every aspect of a particular subject.
Tower Compliance and FCC OET-65 RFR Guidelines – Oct 2016
(NEW) Emergency Alert Test Reporting System (ETRS) – Oct 2016
Revitalization of the AM Radio Service – R&O released 10/23/15
New Emergency Alert System Rules – Oct 2014
Unattended Operations – Oct 2014
FCC OET-65 RFR Guideline and Tower Compliance – Oct 2014
Upgrade Recommendations Regarding License Full Service FM, AM and FM Translator Stations – Oct 2014
Current Upgrade Recommendations – Oct 2012
Unattended Operation – Oct 2012
RFR Compliance and License Renewal – 2011
AM Radio Service Directional Antenna Performance Verification – MM Docket No. 93-177 Rule changes
Digital Radio Transmission: (HD) Radio – An Update (Oct 2006)